Future Teaching Scholars
My involvement with Future Teaching Scholars is as a member of the National Advisory Board for the programme.
The Future Teaching Scholars programme is a new and exciting route into teaching. It's designed for exceptional students who plan to study a Maths- or Physics-related degree at university. The Programme is run by Education Development Trust on behalf of the Department for Education.
Successful applicants will be awarded a valuable scholarship package that includes:
- a £15,000 grant whilst studying for a Maths- or Physics-related degree and become expert in their chosen subject
- a place on a salaried Initial Teacher Training (ITT) course tailored to their needs
- extensive personal and professional development support for six years based in outstanding Teaching Schools including:
- national and regional events exclusively for Future Teaching Scholars
- exciting school-based activities during your undergraduate years
- opportunities to be involved in research to improve Maths and Physics teaching
- a pre-ITT course in the summer after they graduate
- support in finding their first teaching job
- membership of an elite cohort of Future Teaching Scholars